1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? Enjoyed my freedom from the 40 hour work week
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Um, if I made them, i forgot them. I'll make goals again.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My niece! Two of them in fact!
4. Did anyone close to you die? My nephew.
5. What countries did you visit? Just this one.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? Stress relief
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 4th, the day my nephew drowned.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Increasing my craft skills
9. What was your biggest failure? *looks at nicorette gum* Ahem
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Damn knee. Started Xmas of 2004 - damnit!
11. What was the best thing you bought? Books
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Victoria's and Dianna's
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed? My assistant manger and my boss.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills - car loans, meds, mortgage
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Spiritfest!
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Why do you call me?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Same, damnit
iii. richer or poorer? poorer, but solvent
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? studying
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? crying
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Spent it with family
22. Did you fall in love in 2005? Stayed there
23. How many one-night stands? None.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Medium
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hell yeah. Pity her. Really. You should.
26. What was the best book you read? For tweaking something deep in me - Jambalaya; for "oooooo, gotta do some of that" - The Veil's Edge
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Um, none i can think of
28. What did you want and get? Free time
29. What did you want and not get? To see my nephew alive again
30. What was your favorite film of this year? For pure fun - Shall we dance?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were ya? 44, worked, got a gift certifcate from the co-workers. Was good. Family did the b-day later in the week.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Winning a million bucks!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? sweatshirts and comfy pants, black for work
34. What kept you sane? My family, friends, and Dave. Oh, my online friends contribute greatly to my sanity - odd if you look at mt flist. :P~
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Peter Jennings
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The war
37. Who did you miss? Jonathan, Daddy, Nana, Marla
38. Who was the best new person you met? Penda. Wait, she was the only new person I met! She's still the best.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: That if you allow most of your identity to be defined by what you do for your paycheck, you're in for a massive disappointment unless your work is your calling
To all my online friends, you'll never know how dear you are to me...
Happy 2006! Live it like it's your last!